Y'all. I shot my shot!

Today, I applied to write for a magazine.

Hold on, let me just back up for a moment and say that again. I APPLIED TO WRITE FOR A  MAGAZINE!

If you don't know me, you aren't a writer, or you have never been an entrepreneur, you may not know how important and momentous this moment is for me. For anyone.


Truth is, I've been dealing with a bit of Imposter's Syndrome: the feeling that no matter which talents and skills I have, I am still a fraud. The idea that newbies can't be taken seriously.


I saw this ad for a position at a start up magazine a while back but never replied because I didn't feel "ready". My sample articles didn't feel good enough. And, perhaps the thing I lie to myself about the most- photographs. I'm not a photographer but I can take a half-way decent photo. I'll stop telling myself I can't do that now. Because I can and I did!

I'm shooting my shot. Are you?




Comments